Second Call for Papers
International Association for Cognitive Semiotics (IACS)
First Conference, September 25-27, 2014, Lund, Sweden
Theme of the conference: Establishing Cognitive Semiotics
The First International Association for Cognitive Semiotics (IACS) Conference (IACS-2014) will be held in September 25-27, at Lund University, Sweden.
Founded in Aarhus, Denmark, on May 29, 2013, The International Association for Cognitive Semiotics aims at the further establishment of Cognitive Semiotics as the transdisciplinary study of meaning, combining concepts, theories and methods from the humanities and the social and natural sciences. Central topics are the evolution, development of, and interaction between different semiotic resources such as language, gestures and pictorial representations.
* Søren Brier, Copenhagen Business School
* Merlin Donald, Queens University
* Brian MacWhinney, Carnegie Mellon University
* Cornelia Müller, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
* Raymond Tallis, University of Manchester